Database Manuals and Tutorials
For exercises and homework assignments designed to help you develop search skills, see assignments.
WorldCat (replaces BIBLOS)
We have just begun to write material about dts.on.worldcat.
- Introduction to WorldCat. Searching, My List, Holds, Course Reserves.
- Your WorldCat Account. What you can do. How to login. Differences between DTS students, registered Community Users, and DTS grads.
- How to Create or Reset Your Password.
- How to Renew Your Loans.
- EBSCO YouTube micro-lessons. More than 50 brief videos on various EBSCO functions and features. Some sales/promotional material, too.
- Introduction to Using EBSCO. Formerly Bare Bones Basics of Searching EBSCO Databases.
- How to use EBSCO ebooks.
- ATLA/ATLAS tips. Assumes you already know how to use EBSCO databases.
- Using SmartText. An EBSCO natural language query processor.
- OTA/NTA tips. Old Testament Abstracts and New Testament Abstracts. Assumes you already know how to use EBSCO databases.
- L’Année philologique. Tips specific to APh. Assumes you already know how to use EBSCO databases.
- EBSCO databases manuals. Detailed user guides/manuals.
- Religious and Theological Abstracts.
- Index Theologicus. Very current!
- Index Religiosus. Theology and Church History
- Perseus. Greco-Roman literature in Greek, Latin and English translation.
- TLG Online new interface. Nearly exhaustive corpus of ancient Greek literature. (The TLG Online old interface is still available, too.)
- Loeb Online. Loeb classical library of Greek and Latin works with English translation.
- Searchable Greek Inscriptions. All the Greek inscriptions formerly on the PHI cd-rom (but not the PHI papyri). NOT included in TLG.
- Finding Online Journals (aka, the eJournal List). How to use this resource to determine if the journal you want is available online. You must already have a specific article citation; this tool does not let you search by subject.
- Google Search Operator. Brief summary. But remember ranking is the key to Google's effectiveness, not use of search opertors.
- English language introduction to CNKI Chinese database and Chinese language introduction to CNKI