Chronology of Some Major Events in the History of Dallas Theological Seminary
This is a supplement to the Spring 2005 Exhibit Celebrating 80 Years: Highlights from the History of Dallas Theological Seminary, 1924-2004.
|1924||Evangelical Theological College founded.|
|1926||Current campus site purchased.|
|1927||Davidson Hall erected.
Doctor of Theology (Th.D.) degree program initiated.
|1929||Stearns Hall built.|
|1934||Publishing of Bibliotheca Sacra assumed.|
|1935||Master of Theology program began.|
|1936||Name changed to Dallas Theological Seminary and Graduate School of Theology.|
|1952||John F. Walvoord became second president.|
|1953||Chafer Chapel completed.|
|1959||Mosher Library erected.|
|1969||Accreditation received from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Name changed to Dallas Theological Seminary.
Lincoln Hall purchased.
|1971||Summer School program launched.|
|1974||Master of Arts in Biblical Studies program began.
Todd Academic Center built.
|1975||Campbell Academic Center erected.
First women students admitted.
|1980||Doctor of Ministry program began.|
|1981||Walvoord Student Center built.|
|1982||Master of Arts in Christian Education program began.|
|1986||Donald K. Campbell became third president.|
|1987||Master of Arts in Cross-cultural Ministries program began.|
|1988||Howard G. Hendricks Center for Christian Leadership purchased.
Turpin Library dedicated.
|1989||San Antonio extension program began.|
|1991||Certificate of Graduates Studies program began.|
|1992||Christian Education concentration in D.Min. program introduced.|
|1993||Houston and Chattanooga extension programs began.
Master of Arts in Biblical Counseling and Master of Arts in Biblical Exegesis and Linguistics programs started.
Mitchell Ministries Center opened.
Th.D. degree nomenclature changed to Ph.D.
|1994||Charles R. Swindoll became fourth president
Accreditation received from the Association of Theological Schools.
Tampa extension program began.
|2001||Mark Bailey became fifth president.|
|2002||Swiss Tower opened.|